What I've Found in You


T
his song was one of the ones God used to solidify how I did (and did not) want my music to be used, along with "Just One Man." The words of all these songs have spoken into our lives a lot, and sometimes a song has brought along circumstances that have taught us things outside the contents of the song. This is the second produced version of this song. I trashed the other one, even though it was really, really good, and the music went back into a box for many more years. The heart of a project is even more important to me (and, I believe, to God), than how great the finished result is.

These years have dealt some painful blows. The road was dark, lonely, painful, plagued with many fearful days ... but at the end of it, we had what Jesus taught us through it, and that is something that cannot be taken away.

Click below to hear this song.