Travel On
"Travel On" is song I wrote two weeks before our family embarked on the roughest spiritual terrain we had ever experienced. Some days, it really is just put one foot in front of the other and keep going. We had taken some steps in obedience to what God was leading us to do, and it came at a very high cost. We had to answer the question: What do I do when I know I walked in obedience to the best of my ability, and it all went south anyway? Like the song says, the next two years would take us down a path that was very unfamiliar to us. But, without a doubt, we would never go alone.
A walk with Jesus is all about faithfulness. You get up each day, and you do the best each day to keep putting one foot in front of another. We are not promised unicorns and rainbows; we are promised it will all be worth it in the end.
I put two versions of this song up here. There is one I have the way it sounded to me in my head when I wrote it, and I have a version Kim likes. I'm a nice guy, so I posted hers, too, ha, ha.