Meet Me Here

A  short time ago, I ran across a document containing this completed song lyric that I had written back in early 2022, complete with melody with chords and all. I had very little recollection of the song, and zero remembrance of the writing process of it. (Brett!? How do you forget writing an entire song?!) I began to browse through that time in my daily journal that I have kept during stroke recovery to look for any indication that would tell me what led me to write this particular song. There aren't a lot details in my journal, just a note about a very tender spiritual one-on-one moment with God. (I love those.) It was centered around the verse that says: "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you" (James 4:8). There are times when you know God knows exactly where you are, and He reminds you that He has not forgotten You. I cherish those moments when I experience them, and I long for them. Those intimate moments with God are priceless.

We have had this song on repeat. We love it so much because so many songs God gives have been about endurance under opposition, cross-carrying, hardship, heartache ... this one speaks of healing. It is like God is speaking right to us through this song saying, "Okay. Let the healing begin now. You can lay this down now."

To listen to this song, click below: