Find My Rest in You

In Matthew 11:28, Jesus says everyone who is weary and carrying heavy burdens can come to Him, and He will give us rest. Finding that place of rest can be very difficult in a culture filled with road rage, rebellion, immorality, rising costs, medical stressors, or a myriad of other things. That tells us that our rest and peace definitely do not come from external sources. I believe it comes to the point where we can either fixate on the day-to-day things we are experiencing, or we can go to Jesus and say, "Here is what I am handling. Here is what it feels like. What do I do???" The circumstances do not often change overnight, but Jesus can give a supernatural, irrational peace in the middle of situations that should leave us down for the count. 


John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it fear.

Click below to hear this song.