More Than Who Am
I was a young, broke apartment dweller without a keyboard. I knew a guy who worked in a place that sold keyboards, and he would let me come in often to mock up tracks for tunes I had written. He offered me the chance to take one of the keyboards home for the weekend, and I felt like I had hit the lottery ha, ha. I milked every ounce of time out of it, and this song came into existence in the couple of days I had that keyboard. I used the onboard feature to make a track that I could add vocals to later, but the vocals did not happen for a decade or two. This sat dormant ever since the day I wrote and copyrighted it, so it is nice to finally have a listenable version.
"More than who I am" might seem more like ... I do not want to lose my home. I do not want people to misunderstand me, mock me, throw me away, or feel victorious because I'm in a season of loss. But that is not it. If I have to go through these things ... and we are promised that if we follow Jesus, we most definitely will ... I want to grow through them. I do not want to become hopeless, bitter, angry, vengeful, or get to the point I do not believe God can pull me out of it. Each thing we experience, even though it may be difficult, gives me a chance to be a little more like Jesus. This song has always been one of my favorites, and I hope you will enjoy it, too.Click below to hear this song: