God Isn't Finished with me Yet



I
guess I might stand as the poster child for this song. I wrote this a LONG time ago. Every time we are working on these songs, we are amazed at how prophetic they are of what we would be going through in the years ahead. The guy who found me collapsed after I had a stroke was the manager of the Dunkin Donut where I would grab my morning coffee on the way to work. I was not even supposed to be driving that morning (I usually walked the few miles there for the workout), but we were going on an anniversary trip in a few hours. I had some paperwork that needed done, so I drove to get it over with quicker. I felt my side going numb and knew something was not right, so I pulled into the familiar parking lot and I had enough sense to open the door so I could collapse outside the car. Who knows how long I would have been there otherwise? The manager knew me, as we talked a lot through the years. He realized I was on the ground and got help. His good friend was the first responder, and he told Truques later that there is no way I should have been alive ... I literally bled out into my brain. The recovery has been rough with a lot of setbacks and challenges, and I am still VERY disabled. But if God assigns you a task HE WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO GET IT DONE. We cannot help but think of our friend Bridget who probably is gonna chase us down on her scooter for mentioning her. She and her husband have been through so much. I think most people in her situation would have just quit. She spends her days in front of a sewing machine instead, making hundreds of quilts for foster care, senior care facilities and orphanages. Without outing her personal medical information ... suffice it to say ... most people would have said, "No. It is too hard," and they would not even try. I have watched for years as every day she gets up and says, "What can I do for someone else?" Pretty amazing. You are not too old, too far gone, too broke or broken, too messed up, too disabled, or too ... anything ... for God to use you. There is also no task too small, when it is done with the heart of a servant (check your motives!!), and done in humility and obedience. I was given a less-than-10-percent chance to live, and even less of a chance to have any rational amount of function. I like to say God can do big things with small numbers. He can do it for you, too.

To listen to this song, click below: