Loneliness
This song is not my most-used style, but my music encompasses a love for so many styles. When I was a kid, our home often blared the country music of the 60s and 70s, and I loved the depth of the chords used by the writers. This song was not a quick writing by any means---- It took me about six years to complete it. It was pulled from a vast memory bank of playing music with my dad.
My dad had a 1957 Gibson Country and Western guitar that he got from a pawn shop in 1958. That guitar has a way of resonating any chord in such a rich depth, you can feel it right in your soul. My dad loved to find the saddest of country songs to bellow in his just-shy-of-the-note way I have come to miss a lot. (I lost him in 2020.) I know he would have loved listening to this song.
To hear this song, click below: