But for the Grace of God
Many people hear this phrase from time to time: "But for the grace of God, there go I." We never liked that saying much, because it usually is used in a context of, "Wow. That person is really going through it. Glad I'm not them." As though they were automatically opted in for some black hole of a life plan, we got the one with the daisies on it, and it could never happen to us. (In the worst part of the stroke saga, a woman actually said this to Kim lol: "Every time I think my life is hard, I think to myself, 'Well, it could be worse. I could be Kim.'" Had to sit with that one for a while, lol.)
The grace of God is not some spiritual pass that helps us dodge the bullet we deem intended for others. Grace is not the avoidance of hard things. We have come to learn through the many difficult trials we have faced that the grace of God is actually the supernatural ability He seems to impart to help us navigate the worst of circumstances and make it seem as though it was not that bad. It is undeserved, comes from something only God Himself can impart, and helps us get through something that should actually kill us.
To listen to this song, click below.