From My Heart to Your Heart
The idea for this song came about during a casual conversation with someone. The completed song quickly made its way around my former college, since the other writer was still attending there. The school's music department contacted me and asked if I'd mind if the school's musicians could incorporate the song into their music program. A duet of it happened to feature a lady who would become my wife two years later. She and my co-writer sang it as a duet through the entire year's college choir tour. One of my favorite memories was being on the college choir tour bus on the return trip from an event: the entire bus broke into four-part harmony, singing this song. To this day, I wish someone had recorded that. It was beautiful.
This song relays the concept that there is literally nothing we can give to Jesus that He does not already have. A piano only has 88 keys, and they have all been utilized in one way or another. No matter what I (or anyone else) writes or sings or says or plays ... it has already been done in one form or another. The career, the awards, the notoriety, money, homes ... those are not the things that are vital. The one thing we have to offer back is a sincere heart that is willing to be obedient and pure. The one thing I have to offer back to God is myself.
To hear this song, follow the link below.