Burn Me
This short chorus started as a very simple prayer one Wednesday night when I was hours away from my family and alone. When I prayed that night, I knew God heard my heart and joined with me in my family's circumstances. This song still touches me at the core of my heart.
The words to this might be the equivalent of someone asking God for patience. If you are not familiar with that whole concept, it is a "be careful what you ask for" thing. Should we ask? Absolutely. Does God just wave His hand and impart it to us? Oh, sure, He does. In the form of impossible people, road blocks, disasters, challenges, losses, and other things we would never choose to have in our lives. "Burn me," is the same concept. But maturity and becoming like Christ require it.
To listen to this song, click below: