Just One Man
I remember sitting on my bed one night in the mid winter of 1990. Having pen and tablet in hand, I began to jot down a song idea that came to me during the week. The lyric was complete in just a few minutes, but it would be a few days later when I would get to a piano to see what I thought about what I had come up with. I played it for one guy, and he declared it "the worst idea he had ever heard for a song" (lol ... true story). I happened to like it, and others did as well, so I called a capable friend to help me with a track I could use to allow the song to sung. In the summer I gathered a make-shift vocal crew to pound out the song in the studio.
The song was always one of my early favorites. It was actually my turning point in how I was going to handle my music. It had been accepted by a music label for use on an upcoming album someone was recording, but I had a change of heart and withdrew it. God began to convict me regarding how He wanted me to use the music He gave me. It was a start of a long, difficult journey I would never have signed up for, but would not trade for the world. God confirmed miraculously years later that I had definitely made the correct decision.
Many people do not realize how significant the small, daily decisions are in the scope of eternity. Integrity when no one is watching is a big deal to God. Faithfulness in the small, mundane things is vital, and it really does matter if we are all in, versus being only part-way in. Our faith needs to be shown by our commitment level and our obedience, and God can do incredible things, in ways we would never expect or dream of.
Click below to hear this song: